Grand Gold Winner at Fine Sake Awards Kuramitsu, A Sake Brightening Up Your Life
Grand Gold Winner at Fine Sake Awards
Kuramitsu, A Sake Brightening Up Your Life
The Greatest Masterpiece of Kikusui Brewery
With a history of 130 years, Kikusui Brewery was originally located at the area, Kuramitsu, in Niigata Prefecture. As Kuramitsu implies “brighten up someone’s life” and was the origin of the brewery, they found it so meaningful and decided to name their best sake after it – that is how Kuramitsu Junmai Daiginjo is born. As for the ingredient, the sake rice, Kikusui, which shares the same name with the brewery, is adopted. Rare, it nearly went extinct in 1945 and took 50 years to revive. As it contains only very few unwanted substances such as protein, it is perfect for sake brewing and has successfully created a beautifully clean mouthfeel. With the polishing rate reaching 23%, this sake shows a heart-softening and silky structure with elegant and classy aromas. As its name suggests, it is so mellow, so delicious that it can literally brighten up your life like a shaft of sunlight shines on you.
Highly Applauded by the Most Influential Wine Critic
Frequent Award Winner at Sake Contests
- -2014 Gold at IWC (International Wine Challenge), Sake Division, Junmai Daiginjo Category
- -2015 Gold at Fine Sake Awards, Daiginjo Category
- -2015 Silver at IWC (International Wine Challenge), Sake Division, Junmai Daiginjo Category
- -2017 Gold at Fine Sake Awards, Daiginjo Category
- -2018 Grand Gold at Fine Sake Awards, Daiginjo Category
- -2019 Grand Cold at Fine Sake Awards, Daiginjo Category
Kikusui Kuramitsu Junmai Daiginjo 750ml
Awarded Grand Gold Medal at Fine Sake Awards two years in a row. The most proud Junmai Daiginjo of the brewery.
First Time Purchase Discount
If you register as a member before shopping, we will offer you a 10% off coupon which is effective from your first purchase onwards. Register now and get EXCLUSIVE discount offers.